Last updated: 16 May 2013
- http://unitygames.com/ (“the Site”)
- the Unity Editor game development software; the Unity Player runtime software included or downloaded with any content created with the Unity Editor; the Unity Union game distribution and publication service; and the Unity Asset Store (collectively the “Services”), including users who access and use the Services through a mobile device.
Information Collection and Use
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide, administer and improve our Services and software, and to enable users to enjoy and easily navigate and interact with the Services and Unity software.
We will collect personal information when you:
- register with us through the Services and create a Unity Account,
- submit your resume to apply for a position with Unity,
- make a purchase via the Services,
- submit and/or sell assets, content or games via the Services,
- submit a request for technical support,
- submit a request for information about the Services,
- download, register, and/or install any Unity software, or
- post any content via the Services.
This refers to information about you that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, your name, company, phone number, credit card or other billing information, email address and home and business postal addresses.
We use your Personal Information mainly to provide and improve the Services, complete your transactions, enforce licensing terms, and administer your inquiries. We may also use your Personal Information to contact you with Unity newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, you may follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or opt-out of receiving such communications via the Services (See “Changing or Deleting Information”, below).
- We also collect other information that does not identify you that you provide as part of registration and through your use of the Services (“Non-Personal Information”).
- When you download and install the Unity game development software, we will collect certain Non-Personal Information, including your IP address, operating system, username, host name, and hardware ID, during your first use of the software. When you use the Unity game development software, the software may automatically make Internet connections to check for updates, validate your license keys, and provide us with anonymous usage statistics.
- In order to use certain aspects of Unity’s free services and software, you may also be required to complete a survey asking you to provide additional information about yourself and your interests that can be used by Unity to better tailor its services and offers to you.
- When you install or play games or content developed with the Unity Editor (which will either contain or require the download and installation of the Unity Player), we may collect some or all of the following Non- Personal Information about your system or device during your first use of the software:
- Device manufacturer and model
- The operating system and version running on your system or device;
- Browser type;
- IP address;
- Unique device identifier generated from the device MAC/IMEI/MEID;
- The make of the CPU, and number of CPUs present;
- The graphics card type and vendor name;
- Graphics card driver name and version (example: “nv4disp.dll 22.214.171.124”);
- Which graphics API is in use (example: “OpenGL 2.1” or “Direct3D 9.0c”);
- Amount of system and video RAM present;
- Current screen resolution;
- Version of the Unity Player;
- Version of the Unity Editor used to create the content;
- A number describing whether the player is running on Mac, Windows or other platforms; and
- A checksum of all the data that gets sent to verify that it did transmit correctly.
- Application or bundle identification (“app id”) of the game installed.
- When you download, install, and play games published or distributed by Unity, we may collect Non-Personal Information, including your IP address and, as well as anonymous usage statistics about your interactions with the game.
- We may combine Personal and Non-Personal Information that we collect from you with information we obtain about you from third parties (e.g., updated contact information and additional demographic information). We may also combine your Personal Information with Non-Personal Information and aggregate it with information collected from other Unity Users (defined below) to customize your user experience, to improve the quality and value of the Services, to inform you about Unity products and services that may be of interest to you, and to analyze and understand how our Services are used.
Log Data. When you use the Services, our servers automatically record information about your interactions with the Services (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type, the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Services, pages of our Services that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Services, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Service, to administer the Services, to improve the Services, and to better tailor the Services to our users’ needs. We may also use your IP address and your language settings to discern your general location, and use that information to customize the Services for that location.
Like many websites, we use “cookies” to collect information. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes. We utilize session ID cookies to enable certain features of the Services, to better understand how you interact with the Services and to monitor aggregate usage by Unity Users and web traffic routing on the Services. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you log off from the Services and Site and then close your browser. You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions or all functionality of the Services.
Please note that to the extent advertising technology is integrated into a mobile application published by Unity or developed with the Unity Editor, you may still receive in application advertisements even if you opt-out of tailored advertising. If you are using an iOS device and you do not want to receive tailored in-application advertisements that relate to your interests, you may opt-out by accessing the following link on your device. http://oo.apple.com. If you are using an iOS6 device, you also may limit the delivery of tailored advertisements by: Open Settings and tap “General” then tap “About”; Scroll to the bottom of About and tap “Advertising”; Flip “Limit Ad Tracking” to ON. If you are using an Android device and you do not wish to receive tailored in-application advertisements, you can visit Google’s Ads Preferences page from a browser on your device and make your choices there.
Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as Web beacons (also called clear GIFs or pixel tags) and other similar technologies, to deliver or communicate with cookies and track your use of the Services. We also may include web beacons in e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to improve our existing Services, create new Services, and measure the overall effectiveness of our online content, marketing campaigns, and the Services.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to Unity. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your Account information, login password, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Asset Store Submissions. If you choose to submit any asset to the Asset Store, other users of the Services will see your seller name and the information you have made available on your Publisher profile.
Service Providers. We may use third parties to provide certain functions of the Services on our behalf (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, payment processing, web analytics, and improvement of the Services), to communicate with you on our behalf, or to assist us in analyzing how our Services are used (e.g., surveys). These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. Unity cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Unity or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
Business Transfers. Unity may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
All Unity Account holders may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information provided during registration by contacting us at email@example.com. If you completely delete all such information, then your Account may become deactivated. If you would like us to delete your Account in our system, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a request that we delete your Personal Information from our database. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Unity is very concerned with safeguarding your information. We employ commercially reasonable physical, technological, and administrative security measures and attempt to ensure they are applicable under the circumstances. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites and Services
Our Policy Toward Children
The Services are intended for general audiences and do not knowingly collect any personal information from children. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child under the age of 13 has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com and we will remove the information.